Fruits and Vegetables are great to boost your immune system. Fruits, vegetables and herbs can build up your vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D and Zinc intake creating a much healthier, more energized and protected body. However, it’s important to clean, dry and preserve your fruits and vegetables properly. The Prepara Berry Bowl is a great tool to assist in cleaning, eating, and preserving your produce.
CLEAN AND DRYING PRODUCE
Cleaning your produce thoroughly is highly recommended to remove all dirt, pesticides, bacteria such as E. Coli or Salmonella and possibly Coronavirus before you consume them. Here are some basic steps to clean your produce.
- Disinfect your countertops
- Wash your hands with soap and water
- For smaller fruits, berries and vegetables use the Prepara Berry Bowl. To clean your produce run under steady a steady stream of cool water.
- Gently rub your hands through the produce until they are thoroughly cleaned. You do not want the water to be a drastic difference in temperature from the fruits, herbs and vegetables as this will cause wilting and soggy produce.
- Place the colander into the bowl and let the water drain. The design of the Berry Bowl allows for water to drain without submerging your produce into the collected water sitting in the bowl.
- For larger fruits and vegetables place on the Prepara Drydock to let them air dry.
PRESERVING AND RATIONING PRODUCE
Frozen food is filled with an excellent number of vitamins as well. To help preserve your produce be sure to properly wash, dry, and cut them. Place them in airtight containers or airtight freezer bags to prevent freezer burn. Be sure to label all frozen produce with dates and use within recommended time frames. Freezing your produce will help save money and limit waste. When ready, you can defrost your produce in the Prepara Berry Bowl right on the Prepara DryDock before cooking or consuming.
THE PREPARA BERRY BOWL
Click here to learn more about the Prepara Berry Bowl.