I’m going to say it, I love Brussels sprouts! They are so versatile and a great option for a holiday side dish. Sometimes after eating hardy meat and sides you just want a delicious and refreshing salad to complete your meal and this is one of our family favorites to do just that. Kid and adult approved, everyone will enjoy this sweet and savory Holiday Brussels Sprout Salad.
1 lb. or 20-24 Brussels sprouts – halved and chopped thin
½ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup sunflower seeds
1 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
1 Honey Crisp apple – chopped
Sharp Provolone Cheese – cut thin
Thick cut bacon, for garnish
1 ½ tablespoons honey
1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon fresh thyme
¼ cup shallots – chopped
Kosher salt and pepper – for taste
- Using the Prepara Juiciest Juicer, squeeze fresh lemon. Then using the Prepara Herb n’ Cool Tool, remove flower from fresh thyme. Using the Prepara Measuring Spoons and Prepara Pinch Bowls, measure out all ingredients for the dressing. Add all the ingredients for the dressing into the Prepara Dressing Mixer. Let the dressing combine and set aside. I usually make the dressing a day ahead.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil, then place a wire rack on the baking sheet. Place bacon on the rack and let cook for 45 minutes, until crispy.
- Halve each Brussels sprout and chop thin using the Prepara Salad Chopper. Wash sprouts thoroughly and set aside allowing all water to drain.
- Using the Prepara Pinch Bowls, measure out the cranberries, sunflower seed, cashews and set all three aside.
- Using the Prepara Apple Splitter, position the honey crisp apple and pushdown to create slices. Discard the core. Then cut each slice in dices.
- Shred the provolone cheese in thin long slices.
- Combine the Brussel sprouts, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, cashews, diced apples, provolone and dressing. Mix thoroughly and serve. Add crispy bacon as garnish. Enjoy!